The Seaway Valley Community Health Centre is recruiting for a resourceful, tech savvy and highly organized individual to fill the position of Program Assistant for a one-year contract in Cornwall.
- Coordinates intake process for group programs.
- Provides support for group program Staff, Management Team and the Executive Director
- Responsible for administering a new group program software from Blue Lemon.
- Coordinates media advertising, including social media (Facebook/ Twitter)
- Coordinates information packages and logistics for various events, workshops, and meetings.
- Proficient in use of Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, PDF to create updates promotional posters, invitations, and handouts for events and workshops
- Works well under pressure with short deadlines.
- Purchases supplies as needed by the health centre.
Qualifications: Post-secondary Secretarial diploma, office or business administration diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 3 years experience as administrative support in a clinical or human service organization. Experience in dealing with the public in a mature and helpful manner. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage a heavy workload. Advanced computer proficiency is required. Proficiency in English is required and the ability to communicate in French is an asset.
Seaway Valley Community Health Centre is seeking applications for a Primary Care Assistant (PCA) – Summer Student, at 30 hours per week for an 8-week period commencing July 8, 2019.
As a member of an inter-disciplinary team the PCA will help monitor client flow, maintain examination rooms and supplies and performs other related tasks to ensure the smooth running of the centres primary care services.
Seaway Valley Community Health Centre is seeking applications for a Community Programs Support Worker (CPSW) – Summer Student, at 30 hours per week for an 8 week period commencing July 8, 2019.
The CPSW will work as a member of an inter-professional team to provide practical hands-on assistance and support to a variety of programs and services in the Centre and out in the community. The CPSW must have a strong interest in supporting the health and wellbeing of local people working through a team and partnership approach and be comfortable working with vulnerable populations.