Balance for Life is a group exercise for older adults. Build strength and balance; learn how to prevent falls & have fun!
Balance for Life is comprised of:
- A pre-class evaluation to assess areas of balance, walking, standing, sitting and other activities.
- Education sessions helping participants to develop confidence in preventing falls and assist participants to identify risks for falls.
- Group exercise classes led by a certified instructor
- Information on home exercises that, together with other program components, reduce the risk of falls.
- A post-program evaluation to assess the impact of the program.
DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
Yes, you are required to register. Please contact 613-930-4892 ext. 229 for more information
IS THERE A COST?
There is no cost for the program.
- Consists of two one-hour classes per week for 12 consecutive weeks.
- Pre- and post-program assessments as part of program.
- Participants are encouraged to attend all classes.
- Participants are advised to wear comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear.
- Bring a list of medications
- Three different activity levels. Use this tool to figure out what activity level is best for you.