Client Rights and Responsibilities
A Seaway Valley Community Health Centre client has rights and responsibilities related to the care and services received.
As a client of SVCHC, you have the following rights:
- To be treated with courtesy, dignity, and respect in a way that fully recognizes your individuality.
- To receive care in a safe and clean environment.
- To be informed of your health status and services to meet your care needs.
- To designate a person to receive information regarding your health status and service plan and, if necessary, to make decisions on your behalf, in accordance with the law.
- To raise concerns or to recommend changes without fear of retaliation and to be informed of the procedure for initiating complaints.
- To be assured of confidentiality regarding services delivered and privacy for your personal information.
- To have the opportunity to participate fully in decision making and obtain a second opinion concerning any aspect of your care.
- To accept or refuse treatment, including medication, and to be informed of the consequences of accepting or refusing treatment.
- To access, review and/or request an amendment to your record while in the presence of a service provider.