Yields: 1 Loaf
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini (about 1/2 zucchini)
- 1/2 cup shredded peeled apple (about 1 apple)
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped coarsely
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, oil, sugars and vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients; mix well.
- Stir in zucchini and apples. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.