Yields: 8 Servings
- 1 lb frozen shelled edamame
- 3 cups frozen petite corn kernels
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or marjoram or basil (or a combination)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare edamame according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside to drain thoroughly.
- Combine edamame, corn, red bell pepper, green onion, red onion, parsley, and oregano.
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add veggies to bowl and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Edamame (green soybeans) is a meat alternative that is a high quality protein and source of iron. It is also low in saturated fat and high in fibre!