Yields: 12 Servings
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons grounded flax seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries (or any other fresh fruit)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
- MIX: oats, in yoghurt and apple sauce. Add brown sugar, egg and mix well.
- MIX: flour, flax, baking powder, baking soda – Add to yoghurt mix. Combine just until moist. Batter should be fairly thick. Add a tablespoon or two more of flour if batter is runny.
- FOLD: fold in berries (or fruit) dried cranberries (or raisins).
- Grease muffin pan or use line with muffin cups.
- Makes 12 muffins
- Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.