The 2018/2019 Client Satisfaction Survey is now live. Please click this link to be re-directed to the survey.
The survey will be live starting November 26th @8:30am until December 14th @4:30pm, thank you for your participation!
Intro to Gender Diversity, Thursday November 22nd 2018, 1-430pm (no cost): This half-day training is the foundation for the other two courses. If someone is interested in the other two trainings, they must complete this training or provide information on prior alternate training/experience with clients who identify as trans and/or gender diverse. Open to all members of health or social service organizations. Priority will be given to those who will be open to providing support within their discipline. This training will discuss:
- Language, terminology, and social context
- Gender, power, and the social determinants of health
- Practical tips for addressing barriers to care and making your health care environment welcoming.
- Support for next steps, including making changes within your agency and your practice
Trans and Gender Diverse Primary Care (Hormone Replacement), Friday November 23rd 2018, 9:00-4:00 ($20). Pre-requisite – Intro to Gender Diversity Training or previous experience/training with clients who identify as trans or gender diverse. Priority will be given to those who are able to support primary care needs through support or assessments or prescribing. At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- provide holistic community-based gender-affirming services to trans and gender diverse clients;
- take a gender history, assess and diagnose gender dysphoria in accordance with WPATH Standards of Care
- describe the informed consent process for initiating hormone therapy
- initiate and monitor hormone replacement therapy;
- utilize clinical guidelines to inform and guide practice; and to,
- provide ongoing preventative care for trans and gender diverse clients.
Registration Form can be found here.
More Information can be found here.
Transition Related Surgeries: Planning, Referral and Care, Friday December 7th 2018, 9:00-400, ($20): This full day training will be related to gender affirming care. Priority will be given to those who have designations to support referral letters (MD, NP, MSW, RN). At the end of the session, participants will:
- Be familiar with transition related surgeries
- Understand the system of trans surgical care in Ontario
- Know the WPATH Standards of Care criteria for surgery
- Be able to conduct surgical planning visits
- Be able to complete the OHIP Request for Prior Approval for Funding Form
- Be able to write a Transition Related Surgical referral letter
All questions can be directed to Sarah Roy, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-930-4892 x210.