Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Locum Position, Leave Replacement up to 28 weeks
Cornwall and Area
SVCHC is recruiting a Locum Nurse Practitioner for a leave replacement for up to 28 weeks commencing December 2nd, 2019 (or as soon as possible). We offer a competitive salary of $ 66.14 per hour, (which includes 4% in lieu of vacation), plus HOOPP. This position involves working 35 hours week, inclusive of one evening per week, Monday through Friday. Successful candidates must undergo a vulnerable sector screening to the satisfaction of SVCHC.
POSITION JOB DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides a wide range of primary care services including comprehensive triage, screening, physical assessment, diagnosis and treatment as well as counselling, interpretation of test results, referral and follow-up, health education and preventative care to clients with varied health, social, cultural and economic needs. The NP is responsible for establishing and maintaining strong communication pathways between clients, primary care providers, specialists, our local hospitals and other community resources. The NP encourages individuals to take responsibility for their own health by involving them in risk factor and health problem identification, goal setting and the choices of interventions for disease treatment and prevention and health promotion. The NP is responsible for establishing and maintaining a close work relationship and communication pathways between clients, primary care providers, specialists, our local hospitals and other community resources. The NP must possess the ability to function independently and as a member of an inter-professional team in a culturally sensitive manner.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Baccalaureate in Nursing from a recognized university.
• Current and valid registration in the Extended Class with the RNEC College of Nurses of Ontario.
• 3-5 years of experience is preferred.
• Previous critical care and emergency nursing experience an asset
• Demonstrate effective time-management skills and strong decision-making skills
• Must possess strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency working in a computerized environment and working with electronic client records
• Previous experience working with culturally diverse and low-income populations.
• Experience and understanding of rural communities and rural health needs.
• Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written) required; French and other languages considered an asset.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required.
Submit applications by November 29th, 2019 to the attention of:
Leanne Clouthier, Manager of Primary Care
Seaway Valley Community Health Centre
353 Pitt Street, Cornwall, ON K6J 3R1
We thank all applicants but regret that we can only contact those invited for an interview. The Centre is committed to employment equity. Should you require accessibility accommodation, please contact the Primary Care Manager at 613-930-4892, ext. 203.