Yields: 4 Main Servings or 6 Side Servings
- 5 oz. (142gms) washed salad greens (half baby spinach/half mixed baby greens). This is about 4 big handfuls, or 4 cups loosely packed.
- 1 ripe pear, red or bosc
- 2 green onions (scallions)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced mint leaves
- ½ cup (120mls) pomegranate seeds (arils)
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons/60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) poppy seeds
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25ml) salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25ml) pepper
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small jar or bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut the pear into eighths lengthwise, then half-inch slices. Thinly slice the green onions. Stack the mint leaves on top of each other, roll up, and slice thinly. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens, pears, green onions and mint.
- Add half the dressing (start with a little less than half, then add more to taste). You want the leaves very lightly dressed. Toss gently until everything is coated. Reserve the remaining half of the dressing for another purpose.
- Arrange on 4 individual salad plates, or in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds. (If you mix the pomegranate seeds in with the salad ingredients, they tend to sink to the bottom of the bowl and their stunning effect is lost. So for maximum visual impact – add them last.)
- Serve immediately.