Cream of Carrot Soup
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup evaporated low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Heat over medium heat; add carrots, potato, onion, celery, chicken broth, and ginger. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Uncover and cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer soup in batches to a food processor; blend until smooth. Return soup to the Dutch oven; stir in cream. Add curry powder, salt, and black pepper; cook over low heat until heated through, about 10 minutes.