Garden Fresh Roasted Corn Salsa
- 4 large ears of corn, husked, silky hair removed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 3 garden tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and membranes removed, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Zest and juice of 1 large lime
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Using a sharp knife, remove the corn kernels from the cob. (Since holding corn cobs upright can be tricky for young hands, this is a job for mom.)
- Let your kids scoop corn into a large bowl and add in red bell pepper.
- Heat a dry cast-iron skillet over medium heat until hot. Have your kids carefully pour corn mixture into the skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn is lightly browned.
- Transfer the corn back to the large bowl.
- Let your kids add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until it is ready to serve.
Serve with baked whole wheat tortilla or pita chips:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice or tear tortilla/pita into bite size pieces.
- Optional – lightly brush with olive oil and sprinkle with desired seasonings.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes until crisp, turning once.