Herbed Yogurt Dip
Yields: 1 cup
- 1 cup plain yogurt (Greek-style preferred)
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion, white and light green parts only
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon thinly-sliced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine (or white wine) vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh vegetables, pita bread, chips and crackers, to serve
- Tip: For the chopping of the onion/herbs, you can ask the kids to help you put them in a little food processer for safe cutting.
- In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favorite garden vegetables, pita bread or crackers.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers and enjoy within 3 to 4 days.
- For a slightly less tangy dip, feel free to substitute half of the yogurt for low fat sour cream.