Yields: 16 Servings
- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more as needed)
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Place the garbanzo beans (chickpeas), tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour olive oil into feed tube over the garbanzo bean mixture to make a smooth mixture.
- Add additional oil (and/or water) as needed.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
Adapted from food.com
Serve with vegetable sticks (carrots, celery, bell peppers, etc.) or with homemade crispy pita slices (whole wheat pita bread, toasted in the oven at 350◦F until golden and crispy).[printfriendly]