Spinach and Feta Frittata
Yields: 4-6 Servings
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the scallions, peppers and spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; remove from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs, 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, 3/4 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Add the egg mixture and feta to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the frittata is set and the top is golden, about 15 minutes.
- Slide the frittata onto a serving plate and cut into wedges. Serve with the roasted pepper. Enjoy!