Spinach and Strawberry Salad
Yields: 6 – 8 Servings
Ingredients for salad:
- 1 bag fresh spinach, washed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and cut into quarters
- cucumber (sliced, 1 med) , slivered almonds (1/3cup)
Ingredients for dressing:
- ½ cup (125mL) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60mL) white wine (or apple cider) vinegar
- ¼ cup (60mL) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15mL) poppy seeds
- ½ lemon, juiced
- In a large salad bowl, add the spinach, strawberries, almonds and cucumber and toss together.
- In a small glass bowl or jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, lemon juice, and poppy seeds. Whisk together in the glass bowl or shake if using a jar.
- Dress the salad right before serving.
Suggestions for each serving:
Use 1 cup spinach, ½ cup strawberries and 2 tbsp dressing. Enjoy!