Spinach, Broccoli and Cheese Crustless Quiche
Yields: 6 Servings
- 2 slices deli ham, chopped
- 1 ½ cups (375mL) shredded cheese (cheddar or mix of different kinds of cheese like Swiss, mozzarella and parmesan)
- 3 tbsp (45mL) onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45mL) green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45mL) yellow or red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) low-fat milk
- ¼ cup (60mL) Bisquick mix
- 3 eggs
- ¼ tsp (1 ½ mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (<1mL) pepper
- 1 tbsp (15mL) vegetable oil
- Vegetable cooking spray (for greasing pie plate)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium skillet, heat oil on medium and sauté the broccoli, onion and peppers until tender.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until softened. Remove pan from heat.
- In a greased pie plate, layer the ham, half the cheese, the cooked vegetables and the rest of the cheese.
- In a blender, add the milk, eggs, Biscuit mix, salt and pepper and process for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Pour milk mixture over the ingredients in the plate; do not stir.
- Bake, uncovered at 350°F (180°C) for about 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centre of the pie comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting. ENJOY!