Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 8 oz (250 g) boneless skinless Ontario Chicken Breasts, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 large clove Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) fresh Ontario Corn Kernels (2 to 3 cobs)
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced Ontario Zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) diced sweet Ontario Red Pepper
- 2 Ontario Green Onions, sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) Mexican green salsa (salsa verde)
- 8 7-inch (18 cm) flour or sixteen 5-inch (12 cm) corn tortillas
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Tex Mex cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) diced Ontario Field Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Coriander
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cumin, coriander and pepper; cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, corn, zucchini and red pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is lightly browned and vegetables are slightly softened.
- Stir in green onions and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the green salsa.
- Cover tortillas with paper towels and heat in microwave on High for 1 minute.
- Place about 1/2 cup (125 mL) filling in middle of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in greased 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish.
- Pour remaining salsa evenly over the enchiladas.
- Top with shredded cheese. Bake in 375ºF (190ºC) oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve garnished with tomatoes and coriander.