Yields: 6 Servings
- 1 can (213g) of salmon
- 1 small onion (or about ½ cup/125mL) finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15mL) sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon (15mL) green onion, chopped
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 ½ cups (375mL) fine dry bread crumbs, divided
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (30mL to 45mL) vegetable or olive oil
- Drain most of the liquid from the can of salmon.
- Place salmon in a medium mixing bowl and flake with a fork.
- Mix in onion, green onion, relish and pepper.
- Mix in beaten eggs with the salmon mix.
- Add ¾ cup of bread crumbs or enough to thicken and shape into about 6 medium sized patties.
- Dip the patties in the remaining bread crumbs to coat both sides.
- In a large frying pan over low-medium heat, heat enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan (about 2 tablespoons).
- Fry patties slowly on each side – about 3 minutes per side – until light brown. ENJOY!
Eat a salmon patty with a side salad and rice or add a patty to a whole wheat bun with lettuce and tomato. To freeze cooked salmon patties, let them cool completely then put the cooled patties in a labelled plastic bag, separating each with waxed paper. Squeeze as much air out as possible and place them in the freezer.